Our dynamic marketing and technology agency is growing rapidly. We are looking to add an experienced, full-time, interactive designer to our creative team. The model candidate should have at least three (3) years of professional graphics design experience geared toward web (landing pages, email templates, website layouts, responsive web, banners). Candidate must reside in the U.S. and be immediately available to work in our Ocoee office.
Candidate must be able to work in a team environment and possess creativity and a positive, can-do attitude. Remaining flexible, reliable, and focused during both basic and complex creative projects is also important. Additionally, the candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while paying close attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
Works closely with the Creative Director to create and implement projects by designing, creating, and executing assets for traditional and digital marketing materials. Mediums include but are not limited to: HTML email newsletters, landing pages, microblogs (Twitter, Facebook, etc), websites, blogs, direct mail, corporate identities, print, and banner ads.
Typical Tasks and Expectations
- Generate creative ideas for client projects and deliver imaginative design composites.
- Research, find relevant stock photos, and offer relevant ideas & suggestions during the project cycle, including brainstorming sessions.
- Employ user-centered design techniques and best design practices to promote positive online user experience.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve site usability, design, and overall organizational & structural quality.
- Help the optimization team conduct on-site testing and conversion optimization through installing A/B and Multivariate tests.
- Understand customer needs and work with team members to design device-agnostic online user experiences.
- 2+ years of college (B.A, or B.S. is perferred), majoring in UI/UX Design, Graphic Arts or 3+ years of previous website and other interactive design experience. Agency experience preferred.
- Experience designing web sites and GUIs using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign (Knowledge of the current Adobe Creative Suite is preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of layer styles, layer masks, clipping masks, adjustment layers, smart objects, non-destructive editing techniques, use of texture, image compression techniques (by means of the Save for Web & Devices dialog), and typography in Photoshop
- Experience with using grid systems is a plus
- Familiarity with one or more of the following CMS engines: Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.
- Advanced understanding of web design best practices, including usability, user-centered design, information architecture, and interface/navigation design
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple-tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment
- Must possess a positive attitude and a positive outlook (no half-empty glasses welcome)
- Must be able to work independently, meet deadlines, and manage time efficiently
- Creative, energetic, and motivated
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong typing, spelling, and grammatical skills.
- Strong passion for technology. Ability to keep up with all the latest innovations and trends.
- Good grasp of typography.
- Mobile UI/UX design experience a huge plus.